Get Kitchen & Bakeware Insights

What is a Kugelhopf pan?

Posted on December 2, 2016 | in Information - FAQ's | by

Traditional Kugelhopf Pan

A Kugelhopf Pan is a fluted tube pan, traditionally used to bake the sweet, yeast-risen kugelhopf cake. There will be nuts, candied fruits and raisins in the cake and it is mostly dusted with confectionery sugar.

The name Kugelhopf (or rather Gugelhupf) originates from Germany, and is the generic name for the Bundt Pan in the US.


The Kugelhopf pan has a fixed bottom, features a center tube which allows heat to penetrate the cake, and outer fluted designs allowing for more surface of the cake to get browned. The pan is made of heavy-gauge steel, aluminum, glazed clay or ceramic, or non-stick metal and are available in a variety of sizes ranging from 7 to 9 inches in diameter, and even in miniature.



See our Kugelhopf Pans.

See similar Questions:

What is a turkshead pan?

Are bundt pans and angel food pans the same?


One Response to “What is a Kugelhopf pan?”

  1. Pingback: What is a kugelhopf cake mold? | BakeDeco Insight

Leave a Reply


Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 2 other subscribers

Tag Cloud

%d bloggers like this: